To support people to play the game of pétanque at all levels.
To be a leading pétanque club in the Pacific Northwest with a thriving community of players.
2022 Food Bank Tournament players
- All players, all levels: We welcome people of any age, gender, race, nationality, and those with disabilities to play the game of pétanque. We create opportunities that bring people together to learn the game, build skills, and engage in casual and competitive play.
- Friendship and fun: We cultivate camaraderie, inclusion and good sportsmanship. We have fun on and off the court.
- Community: We give back to our local community through fundraising and free activities that introduce people to pétanque. As members of the global petanque community, we celebrate France, where the game originated, and French culture.
- Value to members: We keep members at the center of our club and strive to continuously enhance the value we deliver.
- Growth and sustainability: We ensure prosperity of the club through strategic growth and prudent financial stewardship.
The Edmonds Petanque Club welcomes individuals who wish to play the game of petanque at any level. We strive to be friendly and inclusive. Our etiquette guidelines promote sportsmanship and mutual respect, improve our play, and keep our games fun! To learn more about the game and our club, keep navigating our website. Read the full Etiquette Guidelines here.
Michelle Martin started the Edmonds Petanque Club. Chris Guitton, a person of exceptional talent, active in many organizations, helped Michelle structure the club in 2011. Chris passed away in 2016. To honor his memory the club awards the Chris Guitton trophy to the winners of its annual League.
Initially comprised of eight members, the club has grown to more than eighty members of diverse backgrounds, making it among the largest in the United States. The club is affiliated with the sport’s national association, the Federation of Petanque U.S.A., Inc., which represents around 50 petanque clubs across the country.
The club organizes casual play during the week, and sponsors leagues and tournaments throughout the year. Club members also participate in tournaments hosted by other clubs in the region, and several have arranged for play in Europe.
Through playing petanque and related activities, the club provides an enjoyable way for people new to Edmonds and long-term residents alike to meet and spend time together. Members often form new friendships that soon extend to other endeavors.
The club enjoys the support of many local merchants, and hosts an annual tournament to benefit the Edmonds Food Bank. It works closely with the City, the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce, local schools and other organizations to serve the community while promoting the sport.
Having petanque courts located at 6th and Bell in downtown Edmonds has fueled growth of the club. That will continue after renovation of the site into the City’s new Civic Playfield is completed in June 2023. The club contributed to the design of a new and larger petanque grove within Civic Playfield. Members eagerly await the opportunity to play for both fun and competition at the new and expanded courts.